Magellan Gps device is the smartest invention by the man that allows you to travel or move freely without any hassle. They make your traveling smooth. One such device is Magellan GPS. Magellan GPS is compatible, reliable and easy to carry. They are always proved to give the best navigation results. However, it is always recommended that you should Update Magellan Maps timely to enjoy the hassle-free and smooth navigations. To help you with the prominent knowledge about Magellan devices, we mentioned the features and ways to update maps in this blog. So, follow the blog until the end and embrace yourself with the best navigation device.
Features of Magellan Map devices:
- These devices are entirely touch-screen which shows your position on the map, route, at a glance.
- You can easily navigate what you need like Gas stations, restaurants, hotels, and ATMs.
- It also allows you to expand your maps or your reach on the included SD memory card.
- it’s Bold, intuitive menu options make it easy for you to pick destinations
- it is Uniquely stylish and compact,
- Auto NightView controls color and contrast adjusting automatically for easy viewing at night.
- You can also choose the way you want to navigate to use the most freeways, shortest distance and avoid toll roads. It also gives you the comfort to Exclude specific streets or freeways after a route is calculated to get there the way you want.
- Multi-destination routing allows you to select up to 20 destinations at a single time.
- You can navigate up to 3 hours even when the power is unavailable, with its rechargeable battery.
Business travelers often find themselves in unfamiliar territory, in which case the guidance of a GPS unit can be invaluable. Therefore, it is also recommended that to get the best and the better navigation results, you should keep your device update. The entire Magellan GPS units can be updated through the use of a free software program available on their official website. Some of the Magellan software updates are available for free, but most of the map updates must be purchased.
Steps to be followed to update Magellan maps:
- Before you begin the Magellan map updates, make sure that your device should be changed so that you will not face any disturbance while updating.
- Go to the official website of the Magellan to install and download the content manager from their official website.
- Launch the same downloaded content manager and log in using the Magellan account credentials. If you haven’t created the Magellan account yet, then you have to create the Magellan account first and after that, you can follow the on-screen instructions to set one up.
- Connect your smart GPS navigation device to your computer or workstations with the help of a USB cable. The unit should get turned on automatically. If it doesn’t come to life, you need to turn it on manually.
- Go to the installed content manager and click on “Check for updates now”
- If any map or software updates are available for download, a notification will pop up on the screen.
- Select “get now” to download and install all the available updates on your GPS device. Once the installation gets completed, you will be prompted or asked to disconnect the device.
- After the installation gets complete, your device will restart automatically.
Above mentioned steps were required to get the free map updates. However, for the paid updates, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Tap the maps icon or the tab appearing on the main page of the Magellan website.
- Choose your Magellan GPS model from the drop-down menu.
- Select a map that you need to upgrade and download and after that, you can follow the onscreen prompted details.
- Connect your GPS device with your computer and launch the content manager on the same device.
- Right-click the Content Manager icon and now you need to select “Sync Purchase Features / Content.”
- Once the download gets over, we would request you to install it again before disconnecting the GPS device.
We believe that by following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to update Magellan GPS device. However, you should remember the below-mentioned steps to perform the updates smoothly.
Points to remember
- Some of the updated Magellan GPS units are not compatible with the installed content manager and that you could face some difficulty with the updates.
- Don’t turn off your computer or disconnect your GPS device while updating your device.
- Some of the anti-virus or anti-malware restricts you to pull out the content manager page and thus, you can try by temporarily disabling the firewall or antivirus software.
By keeping all the above-mentioned steps in mind, you will be able to Update Magellan Maps and will experience the best navigation results. If you find this blog informative and useful, then don’t forget to share it on social media platforms.